Purpose of the workplace appraisal
The performance evaluation program plays a positive role in maintaining a strong and lasting employer-employee relationship by creating an official medium for members of staff to share their achievements, skills and ambitions with their superiors. In turn, the firm’s management will be able to effectively respond, reflect and offer the necessary support to its personnel.
- To ensure that staff members are properly trained so as to execute their work assignments with confidence, accomplishing optimal standards of effectiveness and efficiency.
- To reinforce a future-oriented culture and flexible human-capital structure, by acting upon the organisational and growth needs of the firm’s staff.
- To improve and advance the quality of relationships among members of staff and the calibre of internal communication in general.
- To gather information, which may constitute the basis for formulating decisions regarding the compensation and recognition of staff-efforts, as well as future promotions.
- Receive recognition for good performance.
- To be well-equipped to overcome difficulties that may arise from their day-to-day tasks and avoid potential issues.
- To strengthen their prospects for future professional advancement.
- To receive direct feedback on their performance and level of the work they are required to produce.